HarvXtra® Alfalfa with Roundup Ready® Technology is truly a gamechanger in alfalfa production, and one of the most exciting breakthroughs to hit alfalfa and forage production ever. Our first release, WL 341HVX.RR provides growers with expanded flexibility in cutting schedule to protect forage quality, or the ability to greatly enhance fiber digestibility and overall feed value while maintaining current harvest timing. Either option delivers tremendous value no matter the type of grower or operation.
- WL 341HVX.RR gives growers tremendous value of flexibility in choosing to maximize unmatched fiber digestibility, or accumulate greater yield potential by delaying cutting frequency, without sacrificing feed quality
- Lignin (ADL %, acid detergent lignin) content of at least 15% less than competitive check varieties on average gives WL 341HVX.RR at least a 15% greater RFQ (relative forage quality) and NDFD (neutral detergent fiber digestibility) than competitive check varieties
- Superb yield potential and agronomic characteristics under 3-cut system if extending cutting frequency, or under 4- to 5-cut systems to maximize feed value
- Great Disease Resistance Index (34/35) and very winterhardy, (2.1), delivering long stand life under tough growing conditions
- WL 341HVX.RR is stacked with Roundup Ready® Technology for exceptional broad spectrum weed control and crop safety to maximize seedling survival at establishment and provide a useful tool on established stands
- Well-adapted for Midwest, Northeast, Central and Northern Plains, as well as Intermountain Regions and Northwestern U.S.; ideally-suited for on-farm dairy, beef or cash hay producers
- Expect fast recovery for frequent harvest schedules under intense management
- Quick stand establishment with WL 341HVX.RR that comes fullyloaded with W-L’s The Gold Treatment® PLUS seed coating treatment containing Stamina® fungicide
Planting WL 341HVX.RR utilizing the Roundup Ready® weed control system provides many benefits over conventional herbicide programs.
- Exceptional weed control at both stand establishment and in established stands means fewer weeds and higher-quality hay and haylage
- Exceptional crop safety at all growth stages with the Roundup Ready® weed control system
- Recommended 1st glyphosate application at 1st-3rd trifoliate stage to provide early weed control on new seedlings and lower seedling mortality
- The simplicity of using a single herbicide (Roundup®) provides superior weed control with no need to tank mix
- Flexibility in timing of application allows growers utilizing the Roundup Ready® system to spray when necessary; no carryover or crop rotation limitations
- Minimal wait (5 days) after Roundup® application before haying/feeding